From exploration through to restoration
Whether crushed rock or sand and gravel, aggregates represent by far the UK’s largest minerals extraction sector, providing essential construction materials to to support the infrastructure, buildings, energy and goods that the country needs.
Hughes Craven provides both planning and environmental services to aggregates companies throughout the UK, successfully obtaining permission for a range of developments, from short term borrow pits to large scale, strategically important extraction sites. We can take projects through the exploratory, operational and restoration phases and our services include:
- The Identification of areas of search and potential targets using available geological, environmental and planning information.
- The design, implementation and interpretation of geological investigations, leading to reserve estimations and feasibility appraisals.
- The preparation and submission of planning applications, including pre-application discussions, local consultations, Environmental Impact Assessments and legal agreements as necessary.
- The discharge, monitoring and, where required, variation of planning conditions to ensure continued compliance and maximum efficiency.
- Applications for ancillary and complementary developments such as concrete batching plants, recycling operations etc.